You’re not alone.
The Mindful Healing from Religious Wounds is a community program created especially for those who have suffered harm from their interactions with religious people, teachings, or practices. Together we will learn how the practice of mindfulness meditation can bring healing to our hearts and minds, helping us to discover within ourselves wisdom, freedom, and joy to be exactly who we are.
Each week you will find guided meditations, book suggestions, links, and other resources to support your journey.
Great care has been taken to help you feel safe and supported. All teachers are trained in trauma-sensitive practices and we make a concerted effort to help you feel seen, heard, and valued. If you have ideas for how we can improve in that effort, please let me know: email@example.com.
In our first gathering, we will co-create Community Guidelines that will be unique to our cohort. Some possibilities may be:
- Move up / move back (allow hearing from everyone; no one required to share)
- What’s said here, stays here
- Community rules about sharing stories (avoid triggering); can share “essence” or affects
- Safe space: importance of creating a safe, respected, supportive space
- Safety signals (hand gestures)
List of 156 Core Values
You can download the List of 156 Core Values here.